Microsoft Outlook 2010: Setting up emails
First make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
- Open Outlook 2010. If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard displays automatically, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the Email Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to set up an email account.
If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook 2010 toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Service page of the wizard, select Internet Email, and then click Next.
- Provide the following information on the Internet Email Settings page:
Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the Email Address box, enter your email address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Account Type, select POP3.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter mail.domain.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter mail.domain.com
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the tick box next to Remember password is selected.
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.