Outlook 2011 (Apple MAC): Setting up POP emailsFirst make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
- Firstly make sure that you have the latest version of Outlook for Mac 2011. After launching Outlook, click on Help in the top menu, and then click on Check for Updates. The application will now tell you if there are any updates. Follow the instructions you get on the screen to install the updates.
- Once you have updated then Click Tools and then click on Accounts.
- On the Add an Account menu, click E-mail
- Enter your full email address and password on the next screen and click Add Account
- Provide the following information on the page:
Under Personal Information:
- In the Account Description box, enter a friendly description for you to easily recognise.
- For Full Name enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the Email Address box, enter your full email address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Type, select POP.
- In the Password box, enter your password.
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the mail.domain.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter mail.domain.com
- Click Add Account and Confirm changes and close.
- Click More Options.
- From the Authentication menu, select Use Incoming Server Info.
- Click OK.
- Note: A POP connection removes the email messages from the server during download. If you would like to leave copies on the server, click Advanced and check the Leave a copy of messages on server check box and select a suitable time period such as 30 days. Click OK.
Let Us Make it Easy for You please call +971 4 2976820