Android: Setting up emails on Smartphones and Tablets
For all Android Phones and Tablets (e.g. Samsung, Sony, Ericsson, HTC, Lenovo, Acer, LG and all other brands)
First make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
Step 1: From your home screen you will notice an email icon, click on it.
- If this is your first account, you will be directed to start the installation.
- If you already have an account there click on the setting button (physical button outside of the screen) and select add new account.
- Simply fill in your email address and password. Click Manual
- The phone will then ask you what type of account you are using, select POP3
- Make sure the username is your full email address
- Make sure the port number is 110
- Also ensure the POP3 server is correct, this would be the same as your incoming mail server and is generally mail.domain.com
- The next screen will ask me to verify my outgoing mail server.
- Make sure the port number is 25 or 587
- Tick the require sign in button which is required on this account.
- You are nearly done. Simply select how often you want the phone to check for new emails and click next.
- On the final screen you will be asked to fill in your account name and give it a display name