Outlook 2011 (Apple MAC): Setting up IMAP emailsFirst make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
- Firstly make sure that you have the latest version of Outlook for Mac 2011. After launching Outlook, click on Help in the top menu, and then click on Check for Updates. The application will now tell you if there are any updates. Follow the instructions you get on the screen to install the updates.
- Once you have updated then Click Tools and then click on Accounts.
- On the Add an Account menu, click E-mail
- Enter your full email address and password on the next screen and click Add Account
- Provide the following information on the page:
Under Personal Information:
- In the Account Description box, enter a friendly description for you to easily recognise.
- For Full Name enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the Email Address box, enter your full email address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Type, select IMAP.
- In the Password box, enter your password.
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the mail.domain.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter mail.domain.com
- Click Add Account and Confirm changes and close.
- Click More Options.
- From the Authentication menu, select Use Incoming Server Info.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Advanced button located in the lower right corner of the dialogue box.
- Click on the tab named Server.
- Uncheck the box that says "Download Headers only"
- Enter the word INBOX written with uppercase letters, in the field IMAP Root Folder.
- Click OK
Let Us Make it Easy for You please call +971 4 2976820