Outlook 2007: Setting up IMAP Emails
First make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
- Go to the Tools menu
- Find and click on Account Settings Click on the Next button.
- A new window will pop up (Account Setting window). Under Email tab, find and click on New
- On the next screen, click on the radio button next to "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP".
- Another window will pop up (Add New Email Account window).
- Just tick Manually configure server settings or additional server types at the bottom. Click on Next
- Find and opt for Internet E-mail
- Your Name: type your name as you would like others to see it
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: select IMAP
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): mail.domain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain.com
- User name: email@example.com
- Password: Enter the password for the e-mail address.
- Click on the More Settings... button. A new window will open.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Click on the radio button next to "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Click on the OK button.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook 2007 tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialogue box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
Settings for Automatically Purge Delete Items
- Right-click the Inbox folder in your IMAP e-mail account.
- On the Edit menu, point to Purge Deleted Messages.
- Click Purge Options.
- On the General tab, under Purge Options, select the "Purge items when switching folders while online" check box.
Saving Sent Items to the SENT ITEMS FOLDER on the IMAP Server:
Open your IMAP account settings via;
- File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> double click on the IMAP account.
- Press the button: More Settings…
- Select the Sent Items tab.
- Enable the option “Save sent items in the following folder on the server”.
- Select the folder where you want to store the Sent Items in.
- You can press More Folders… if you do not see all your IMAP folders in the list.
- You can press New Folder… if a Sent Items folder does not yet exist on the server
Enable downloading of full messages:
- Click on Tools-> Option
- Select the Mail Setup tab.
- Click on the Send / Receive button.
- Then click on Edit
- Under “Receive mail items” select the option that says “Download complete items including attachments for subscribed folders” and then click on OK
Let Us Make it Easy for You please call +971 4 2976820