Outlook 2007: Setting up IMAP Emails
First make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
- Go to the Tools menu
- Find and click on Account Settings Click on the Next button.
- A new window will pop up (Account Setting window). Under Email tab, find and click on New
- On the next screen, click on the radio button next to "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP".
- Another window will pop up (Add New Email Account window).
- Just tick Manually configure server settings or additional server types at the bottom. Click on Next
- Find and opt for Internet E-mail
- Your Name: type your name as you would like others to see it
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Account Type: select IMAP
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): mail.domain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain.com
- User name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Enter the password for the e-mail address.
- Click on the More Settings... button. A new window will open.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Click on the radio button next to "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Click on the OK button.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook 2007 tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialogue box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
Settings for Automatically Purge Delete Items
- Right-click the Inbox folder in your IMAP e-mail account.
- On the Edit menu, point to Purge Deleted Messages.
- Click Purge Options.
- On the General tab, under Purge Options, select the "Purge items when switching folders while online" check box.
Saving Sent Items to the SENT ITEMS FOLDER on the IMAP Server:
Open your IMAP account settings via;
- File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> double click on the IMAP account.
- Press the button: More Settings…
- Select the Sent Items tab.
- Enable the option “Save sent items in the following folder on the server”.
- Select the folder where you want to store the Sent Items in.
- You can press More Folders… if you do not see all your IMAP folders in the list.
- You can press New Folder… if a Sent Items folder does not yet exist on the server
Enable downloading of full messages:
- Click on Tools-> Option
- Select the Mail Setup tab.
- Click on the Send / Receive button.
- Then click on Edit
- Under “Receive mail items” select the option that says “Download complete items including attachments for subscribed folders” and then click on OK