Outlook 2010 and 2013: Setting up IMAP Emails
First make sure that you have created the email account in your Web Hosting Control Panel which would either be WebsitePanel, cPanel or Plesk.
NOTE: In the instructions below you should replace domain.com with your registered domain name
- Open Outlook. If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 or 2013 Startup wizard displays automatically, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the Email Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to set up an email account.
If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Service page of the wizard, select Internet Email, and then click Next.
- Provide the following information on the Internet Email Settings page:
Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the Email Address box, enter your email address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Account Type, select IMAP.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the mail.domain.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter mail.domain.com
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the tick box next to Remember password is selected.
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Settings for Automatically Purge Delete Items
- Right-click the Inbox folder in your IMAP e-mail account.
- On the Edit menu, point to Purge Deleted Messages.
- Click Purge Options.
- On the General tab, under Purge Options, select the "Purge items when switching folders while online" check box.
Saving Sent Items to the SENT ITEMS FOLDER on the IMAP Server:
Open your IMAP account settings via;
- File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> double click on the IMAP account.
- Press the button: More Settings…
- Select the Sent Items tab.
- Enable the option “Save sent items in the following folder on the server”.
- Select the folder where you want to store the Sent Items in.
- You can press More Folders… if you do not see all your IMAP folders in the list.
- You can press New Folder… if a Sent Items folder does not yet exist on the server
Enable downloading of full messages:
- Click on Tools-> Option
- Select the Mail Setup tab.
- Click on the Send / Receive button.
- Then click on Edit
- Under “Receive mail items” select the option that says “Download complete items including attachments for subscribed folders” and then click on OK